Saturday, July 7, 2007

ratatshmooie!!!!!!!

My wife and I attempted to take our 18 month old son to see Ratatouille yesterday and to no avail, we came up short. Well I guess it wasn't that bad. He lasted about 40 minutes. It would've been an hour but the stinking credits ran for 20 minutes :( He was really into the movie though, he even belly laughed through a few parts. The downfall was that he couldn't sit still. He wanted to run around the theater as he watched the movie screen. Anyway, we knew it was time to go when he dumped his juice all over my wife's leg and my ankle's. I guess we will be waiting a year or two before we try again, for now we'll have to settle for the DVD.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh man I remember those days! My wife and I tried so many times to take our boys to movies when they were young but it was not until they were about 3 1/2 that they would finally sit still and watch the whole movie!

My three little boys turned 4 in June. We took them to see transformers (my wife was not so sure about that movie for kids) and they LOVED it. They sat through the whole thing and kept saying WOW!

Yep, DVD's work great when they are young. You can watch half of it, pause, and watch the rest later!

Unknown said...

Oh I remember also. it is so much fun and so frustrating at the same time. I had three boys, and they were all boys!! No doubt about it. My sister in law had a girl that sat and eat with her at a resterant and my boys were dancing on the table. I thought it was my parenting until she had three boys and they were just like mine. Now I know it is a boy thing. Have fun. Kiss him bunches, and yeah get the DVD. it is Incredible.

carla ten eyck said...

you know they have the 'mommy and me' movies at various thesters? I used to LOVE going to those every wed at the crown theatres in hartford- I know they do them all over- what a great time- lights are up, not too loud, the kids can run around if you want them to. Well, great for parents with young kids!!

Eric Foley said...

Thanks Carla, that's a great idea. Maybe we won't have to wait till he's 4!

carla ten eyck said...

I went to see this movie the other day with my kids and left really hungry. They had a good time though! I can tell you how it ends, if you want!!