Thursday, July 26, 2007

Virginia Dreaming........

Well I'm back from Va. sad to say, It's my home away from home! After all, I did live there for 8 years and I haven't been back for 5. It was a great trip that brought us from the Blue Ridge to Colonial Williamsburg, a vacation well needed. Here's a handful of pics I thought were cool, time was limited but I took advantage of what I had!

John and I at his house overlooking the mountains. John had no idea we were coming, it's been 5 years since we've hung out ( needless to say, he was very surprised, thanks kim for keeping it hush, hush )! Since that time, he and his wife Kimberly have opened Cottle Multi-Media and now are my exclusive photo lab.

Colonial gardens and houses
All sorts of cool stuff to shoot, I could've spent a week just on one street!
Colonial interpreters
Old heir loom Gardens
Giant sunflowers
Weird colonial toys

Public transportation

Who would've thought that song Brick House was from the year 1607

The Governors Palace

Standing guard

10 comments:

carla ten eyck said...

Dude those colonial people look like the 'others' from Lost!! Looks like you had a fun time, everyone needs a little down time!

Eric Foley said...

It's just like that movie "The Village". If you talk to them, they speak as if it really is 1607.

carla ten eyck said...

How funny! I loved that movie!!

Unknown said...

These are so amazing. Funny how those movies will shape the way we see these images. But they really convey that time period. Great job.

Eric Foley said...

Thanks Laura!

Unknown said...

I love it back there! Those pics make me miss it.

It is so nice to look at travel pics from other photographers. None of your pictures were boring and I actually took more time to view them then some boring travel pics some friends or family bring back!

Eric Foley said...

So Jason, you've been to Williamsburg? It is so nice and clean and everyone is friendly! Thanks!!

Mary Marantz said...

awesome! i'm orginally a WEST virginia gal myself so that first picture really made me miss the mountains!! looks like you had an awesome time. I've never made it to Williamsburg but I've always wanted to!

M:)

Unknown said...

I visited Williamsburg about 4 years ago during a huge family vacation. I went with my parents and my sister and all my brothers and all of their kids. Tons of fun. At that time I was married but we did not have any children yet. I took tons of photos.

During that almost three week vacation we also visited New York and Washington. That was one major road trip man! Thank goodness I was in the car with my unmarried and childless siblings!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.