Tuesday, October 16, 2007

LIFE!!!

I just logged in to my blogger and for no apparent reason (I thought at that time), I decided to click on the my favorite movies link Nacho Libre (just to see what happened). It opened a page with hundreds of other bloggers that had listed the same movie as one of their favorites. The first page had one picture of a girl, Jen, who turned out to be a 29 year old pediatrician who was working in Haiti. She tells stories of her days there and describes everything she does.

Jen describes a life that I don't think any of us in America can even begin to comprehend, a life of constant sadness and unspeakable tragedy. What really hit hard with me was what she tells about all the sick children dying and their helpless parents who will do any thing just to have their children looked at by a doctor. She says in her latest post " there are so many sick children, the facilities can't handle them all, they are either sent somewhere else or sent home to die ". I am a true bleeding heart and this kind of stuff kills me inside! As a father of one 21 month old boy and one on the way, I deeply feel for these families.

I guess I'm posting this because it really makes me appreciate everything the great spirit has given me. I want everyone who reads this to hug someone you love and tell them how much you appreciate them! There is no reason these tragedies should happen to innocent children but the sad fact is they do. We all (the fortunate ones) should share the burden of this world and take responsibility to do something for the needy, here and abroad. Just imagine if everyone in this great country did just one small thing. The possibilities would be endless!! I will be contacting Jen to see if there is anything I can do to help her situation or donate to the hospital where she works.

Take NOTHING for granted, absolutely Nothing, because it can all be gone tomorrow. If you would like to check Jen's blog out, click here.

I have to go now and give my wife, son and belly a super squeezy hug and kiss.

Good night for now!

2 comments:

carla ten eyck said...

How very true- sad, real, unfortunate- I could go on. If we get anything from things like that happening it is to appreciate what we have now, here and tell people how much you care! Gotta go hug my monkeys!!

Unknown said...

Great post. It's very true. I lived in Korea for two years...and even though it isn't the same as Haiti...it really gives you an appreciation for what we have here.