Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Inspirational Words Around You???

I just thought I would right a little post about things I use for inspiration in business and more importantly, family and life. I had a roommate when I was in the military (Navy) who I am still friends with who would right inspirational phrases on sticky notes and hang them everywhere. I always asked why he needed them and he would tell me "when life gets too crazy, you tend to lose your focus on your goals, they help me get back on track". 10 years later I find myself following his footsteps in this matter. Not to ramble on, but........ it is very easy to loose track of your direction, especially with a 2 year old and one on the way in oh about 7 days give or take. However, I am Uber excited!

So anyway, (trying not to let my adult ADD get the best of me, the purpose of this post)???? In my office I have a few quotes hanging on my walls just to remind me of where I am and where I want to go. The one I find myself referencing the most is by Henry David Thoreau, it goes...........

"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined".

Simple yet powerful!

This is an instant confidence boost and it revitalizes my imagination!

Another that just popped into my head is by none other than Thomas the Train. Yeah, that's right, my son Keegan has brain washed me with Thomas the Train! In an episode when the train Mighty Mac can't figure out how to get to the station to pick up the vacationers, Thomas tells him-

"look where you want to go and follow the tracks that will lead you there"

Again, simple yet full of truth and meaning. Go figure!

This one makes me stop to see the whole picture and take everything for what it's worth. Giving me the vision to see the right path I need to take.

Anyway, just a little insight that may help, it does for me:) What's hanging on your walls??????




11 comments:

Unknown said...

Great post. It is very important to have something remind us of what's important. Sometimes it is something as simple as a post it note....good reminder.

raw photo design said...

Hey Eric! It was great seeing you at the last PUG. I'll definitely send you a copy of my notes. Here's my favorite quote I heard at WPPI by Jerry Ghionis: "Spend just 5 minutes every single day doing the impossible."

Leslie Roark Photography said...

This post brought the biggest smile to my face! I love the first quote. While I don't have any inspirational words around me, I am surrounded by photos of my gorgeous daughter, my awesome husband and some of the best friends who are like sisters to me! They inspire me everyday to live my dream!

PicturesByTracy said...

Love this post Eric! I have a book on my desk that I pick up everyday...The language of Positive Thinking.

one of my favorites...
{Look at life as a journey and enjoy the ride}
~T

Eric Foley said...

It's always interesting to see what inspires other people:)

Thanks guys and gals! I'll post as soon as we leave to the hospital!

Unknown said...

Good read man

OHANA PHOTOGRAPHERS said...

awesome post eric. i met a few inspirational people when i was in the navy as well. have an awesome weekend man! many blessings to the family.

carla ten eyck said...

Dangit if I knew that Thomas could be so inspiring I would have paid more attention while reading his books over and over to my son!! :)

Beyond The Lens Photography said...

I find taking a time out with the kids gets me focused. Not hanging with them because it's the right thing to do, but because I want to. They are my gravity and there is nothing as inspirational as a good ole belly laugh!!...Hey did I read something in there about leaving the hospital????? Can't wait to see the photos of that beautiful babe...and congrats!

Jean Molodetz said...

great post eric. for me right now i have "remember what is important to you" and "be the change you wish to see in the world" hanging on my fridge. "love your mother (earth)" in the car," but i do need some more "focused" (ha ha) goal oriented quotes of inspiration right here next to the computer. maybe that'll be my new self assignment.....to photograph inspiring messages i come across in my daily life.

best of luck to you and erin for a smooth, short labor as your daughter 'heads out' into this world. ;)

Unknown said...

Congrats From Florida!!
Eric and Erin you will have many days of joy. Uncle Tom