Sunday, March 2, 2008

Mac Pro?

Well today I spent about 2 hours at the Mac Store in the West Farms Mall trying to get as much info as possible on the iMac and the Mac Pro. Yes, I currently use a PC (please don't tell anyone!) and I've finally decided to switch. The one factor beside all of the other obvious advantages that put me over the top, was for $99. I will get a 1 year, 1 hour a week, one on one class on my Mac with a "Mac Tech" at the store. After all, I think fear was the only thing in my way to begin with.
So now to decide, iMac or Mac Pro? Well, for the future en devour of my business, I think I would choose the Mac Pro, how ever, at $4,600. It's a little hard to swallow. I know it will be better in the long run so I will probably ignore that screaming sound that is coming from my wallet when I say $4600 DOLLARS!

Anyway, If anyone out there can shed some insight on the matter, please do! It would be much appreciated.

4 comments:

Leslie Roark Photography said...

Thanks Eric! While I can't really shed much light to help you in your decision I have had the same thought myself. I too currently use a PC and have heard how wonderful Mac is. So we shall see..

Stacy Cross said...

Hey Eric - I LOVE my iMac - I have never felt that it was lacking anything! It is a great computer and the price is definitely right (more right) when compared to the Mac Pro!

raw photo design said...

I'm going to go a little against the grain and recommend a bear bones mac pro. Why the $4600 price tag?? If you drop the number of processors down to 4 (which is plenty) the price for an entry level mac pro is $2299. Are you adding a monitor too? Go with a different brand monitor and with a totally customizable mac pro you can add way more RAM, way more hard drives, and a nicer monitor when you have the funds. With an iMac, you get what you get and you can't upgrade....just my 2 cents.

nikki nicole photography said...

HEY ERIC....I HAVE THE PRO...I WENT BACK AND FORTH THE ADVANTAGE OF THE PRO IS YOU CAN UPGRADE WITH MORE DRIVES.RAM AND I LOVE THE DOUBLE CD BURN OPTION OS YOU CAN BACK UP 2 COPIES AT ONCE! IF IT IS ABOUT TEH CASH YOU CAN GET 2 IMACS FOR THE PRICE OF ONE MAC PRO...ALSO WHY IS IT 4600?