Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Taking Action - SI 1980


Well I have been working on a few actions lately and I just finished one today:) The challenge is creating one that is different from what everyone else is doing. I don't proclaim to be a Photoshop wizard but I have been learning a few new tricks lately. This action was inspired by my collection of vintage Sports Illustrated magazines, hence the name. I have some real classics, I'm talking the "Miracle on Ice issue" of 1980, covers with Dr.J, Bird vs. Magic, and Nolan Ryan. They all range from the 70's to the 80's and the images all have that classic muddy kinda grainy feel with muted colors of magentas and blue undertones. So This one will grace the portfolio this wedding season (sparingly of course), we'll see how it works out!

I should have a few more that should be done soon so stay tuned!

2 comments:

Beyond The Lens Photography said...

13 days to go!!!!! I'm so excited for you! It was very cool putting a face to the name last night. I really appreciated the configuring tis you gave me for the 5D! I'm gona go check out those textures now! Hummmmmm wonder what people are doing in Vegas RIGHT THIS MOMENT?????

Eric Foley said...

Having allot of fun I would assume! Hopefully it will be in the cards for me next year!