Friday, January 30, 2009

Laura and Steve....Happy New Years Wedding Part 1

Okay, so everything is slowly getting back to normal. Yes we are still living out of boxes and bags (which I can't tell you how crazy that drives me. Those who know me well know I am very particular about my stuff) but it's all coming together. As much as I thought buying a house in the winter was crazy, I couldn't imagine what it would have been like doing so in the middle of the wedding season.

Anyway, introducing one of the first couples of the new year, Laura and Steve! Two of the coolest cats I've met in a while. They had to be that cool because it was like 6 degrees at their wedding at the Pond House in West Hartford. We were running in and out of the Pond House in between shots just to stay warm. Needless to say, I think Laura made Steve, Craig and I look like wimps. She totally toughed it out while I was looking for every excuse to warm my bald head.

There where so many awesome shots we grabbed so I will post more later. And you know there is going to be more off camera flash :)

Another special thank you to Craig Freeman for shooting this one with me as well.



I used a custom white balance for the tungsten lighting on this one. Some times my 5D over compensates for the lighting but for this one I think it came out pretty cool.


It wasn't hard making Laura look beautiful. She pretty much took care of that naturally. I love this image, it reminds me of a European fashion magazine ad



Steve had such a great, natural smile. How in love are they!

I was Impressed with the Pond House decor. They had quite the winter spread.

11 comments:

nikki nicole photography said...

ic your lighting is just amazing and keeps getting better!

i cannot wait to shoot a wedding and learn from you this year!

Candace Jeffery Photography said...

very nice!

OHANA PHOTOGRAPHERS said...

love the shoe shot man, love it!

Val McCormick Photography said...

Cool lighting! Beautiful post Eric! LOVE the shoe shot and the shots of the bride are gorgeous! Can't wait to see the rest.

Beyond The Lens Photography said...

Hoooot!!! Love these Eric. A favorite post for me! The light is killer, and I'm with Ohana...that shoe shot is smokin baby!!!

E. Broderick Photography said...

Wow. Gorgeous set. I also love the one of the bride you mentioned--total fashion mag. Great looking couple. Awesome job!

Anonymous said...

Very nice!!!! I can't wait to see more!

Erik Maziarz said...

great job! especially love the shots next to the xmas tree - super light.

Katie Slater Photography said...

Awesome work Eric! :)

Robin Dini Photography said...

very beautiful Eric! I love the details shots at the salon. The colors are so vibrant and cool.

great seeing you last week!

Anonymous said...

what a gorgeous bride!!! Love the backlighting!