Wednesday, December 12, 2007

The Return of Mr. Yuck????




Okay, so maybe I'm showing my age just a little (32). I can remember being so afraid of this dude. In the 70's, Mr. Yuck was created to scare children away from touching poisonous or hazardous materials i.e bleach and other cleaners. If you saw the Yuck sticker on a bottle you knew not to touch it! Needless to say, it was very effective! I almost fell of my chair when I came across this image, it brought back some old memories.

If anyone out there remembers Mr. Yuck, feel free to share your experience. I just might get some stickers for my son Keegan, he is two and into everything.

To see the creepy 1971 commercial, click here and enjoy!

1 comment:

nina beana said...

hey! i met you at mama al's house a while back, and just happened to click over- that video would have scared the CRAP out of me as a little kid. it's disturbing to me now...even as an adult!